1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Weapon

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MissEcho, Jul 24, 2019.

1. MissEcho

MissEcho Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ok I wanna know what you think is the best all round pvp weapon. I am looking for something to carry that I can switch to if necessary.

Char has:

120 Swords
    120 Bush
    120 Parry
    110 Tactics
    90 Chiv
    as a base
    (and I have necro/anat/heal/resists/ss on stones)

what Type of weapon and what mods do you think are best for both defense and attack. I also don't want complicated weapons (ie that require whetstones and reforging and that lot) Just something basic that can be crafted and imbued. So basically what type of mods etc allowing that it will have 40di on it due to exe crafting.

Just wanting a clue :gee:

2. dlo88

dlo88 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I use a hatchet on my sampire for pvp when I get raided. It has two good special moves(armor ignore and disarm) and hits quite hard. Good weapon for both defensive(disarm) and offensive(armor ignore) fighting. Also nice to use for evasion when getting dumped on by a mage.(two handed weapon).

The mods you would want on a hatchet would be something like this
    20+ splintering weapon
    30+ hit spell (fireball,lightning,harm)
    30+ hit lower defense
    Swing speed increase(depending on your stats and suit)
    Damage increase 40+

Hope that helps abit.
    :)

3. Laura_Gold

Laura_Gold Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

One of your weapons should have Dismount. Ha ha ha ha ha.

4. Max Blackoak

Max Blackoak Babbling Loonie

On my sampire I carry a pickaxe (disarms against dexxers) and a bokuto in case I get raided. Disarm and/or nervestrike gives me that extra second I need to escape. If the attackers are really bad I can actually kill them with that too

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

One of my old alliances decided to have a "defense against raiders" class as a contest - about 15 years ago. Everyone armed with exceptional regular armor and exceptional weapons, and there were 8 stations scattered through Tram cities, each defended by a member of one of the guilds armed similarly (but who was experienced in fel with a fully trained character). If you defeated the guardian, you won a chest of stuff.

I sent in my Blacksmith, which drew some stares. While everyone else was using katanas, etc. I was using a mace.

I won 3 chests within the time limit, spamming disarm as I beat the defenders silly with it. The poor archer that was one of them never managed to get off a second shot against me.

They weren't expecting a 120 Smith/100 miner to have his other 500 points in 120 Mace, 100+ tactics, 100+ parry, 100+ Anatomy, and 80+ chiv (with the + indicating higher skills from equipment).

6. King Greg

King Greg Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Splinter Pickaxe and a Bokuto

For Survival Carry Some Extra gear to swap into a 4/6 Chiv mode if possible.

7. MissEcho

MissEcho Babbling Loonie

Thanks for the info :)