1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

We Need Wood BoD Book Covers!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by cdavbar, Jun 16, 2017.

1. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

So a while back I seen a couple Bulk Order Deed Books with wood colors and names and ones with colors and names like Pretty Pink, Deep Sea Blue, etc. I asked around in general chat, and a lot of people called me crazy, saying that they must be named that or glitched. I knew I wasn't crazy, so my search continued. Recently a friend found a scroll of Oak covers with 25 or so uses left on it, and the search for the source continued.

So I then turned to @BrianFreud, who was able to research their origins to 2009 (Thank You). The Bulk Order Cover Set #2 was a Japanese only item offered for a limited time. Turns out I wasn't crazy after all! Why back then, who knows, we didn't even have wood BoD's back then.

But now we do, and we need covers for them! Now, I don't want to de-value the original tokens. I'm not looking to have Pretty Pink, Deep Sea Blue, and all the other special colors that came with the original token. I would simply like for the developers to release wood covers again!

This could be done in a variety of different ways:
    • Re-release Bulk Order Cover Set #2 to all players in the UO Store. Obviously not a good choice for rares collectors of the special non-material hues.
    • Release a Bulk Order Cover Set #3 that only has wood colors, preserving the rarity of colors like Pretty Pink covers and such.
    • Or simply add them to existing tokens to include all metal, leather, and wood.

What are your thoughts?

@Mesanna

BrianFreud, MalagAste and Lord Nabin like this.
  2. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I liked those 1 tile carpets...

4. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I never quite understood the one tile carpets. However, I know some players that collect them. If they were to re-release those again it would destroy their value as their value would be set by the UO Store. That's why for the BoD Covers, I think releasing a new token #3, with only wood colors would be the best so that way those with the unique hues (pretty pink, etc). do not lose the value or rarity of those colors. However after all this time, it is practical to have the wood colors available. Again, why in 2009 when there was no need for them, I have NO idea, but now.....

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

If I hear crap about the value of deco being devalued because they reintroduce it I am going to want to scream..... I give a rats about value... that's the entire problem with UO anymore is catering to the freaking rich and greedy....... SICK OF IT!...... So is most the population.... I want to get back to FUN....

Luc of Legends likes this.
  6. Slayvite

Slayvite Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend

Mesanna said in an earlier Meet and Greet they were adding covers for the new bod books to the cash shop......Soon.

7. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

That was also when they had the secret chests in the Japanese store. Honestly, they already crashed those, plus the ladybugs. 1-tile carpets and BOD cover token #2 never came close to the values of the ladybugs or the chests; I wouldn't mind seeing both of those re-added to the store, globally this time.

8. Luc of Legends

Luc of Legends Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

PREACH ON SISTAH!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana: I too am sick of the ascii-kissing of the rich, greedy, backstabbing rares community! If I were Mesanna for a day I'd delete every freaking event rare I could find! I have long advocated for ALL items that have ever been sold in the store be put back in the store as well as Broadsword selling gold. I remember when they added those Bod book covers they were talking about adding more Bod types. It was shot down or back burned I forget which.

MalagAste likes this.