1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

NEWS Ultima Online Newsletter

Discussion in 'UHall' started by UO News, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

While in general I don't think official forums are going to be what people expect... as in be VERY careful what you type.... I think UO should have official forums. If I were a new player I'd want to look at screen shots and read what the players are saying about the game. I've always felt a game that didn't have forums was kinda 2nd rate and cheesy. If they had a bold noticeable link from UO.com to here, that would be fine, but I don't see that happening.

2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Grand Inquisitor
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well, unless they learn to communicate, often, real often, they are all just gonna be blank pages anyway....Official forums will be like Stratics, us talking to ourselves.

3. petemage

petemage Lore Master

OTOH, lots of those game forums are utter crap. A true PITA to read, slow loading times, little organized, full of ads, plain empty or what not.

I haven't seen a single official forum that's as comfortable to use as Stratics. Doubt a skeleton team can match a group of 5+ motivated ethusiasts.

I hope they will not just add some random phpBB with an horrible non mobile-friendly UI or something that you can only use on a desktop (just like the newsletter, website and basically everything they produce..). But at the same time I guess that's what we see, and they couldn't care less anyway..

grimiz and Captn Norrington like this.
  4. Gorath

Gorath Journeyman

Pre-trammel was fun, Pub 16 was fun and even got along okay until just before AoS hit too, that was fun. AoS after that, it always seems like we're balancing for something.

Only thing I can really recall prior to itemization is that runic weapons got a little crazy there. I mean I had a verite double axe that could damn near one hit kill someone but you risked losing the item if you died. There was one dude on Chesapeake that had item blessed his valorite short spear, that was terrifying lol, risk vs reward was not there.

Andrasta likes this.
  5. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Not sure I even find risk vs reward even a valid concept. The richest people I know irl take like zero risks.

6. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I know, I dont. I have yet to find someone, who can explain the concept of risk vs. reward in UO to me (in a meaningful way that is, with arguments that can be considered as plausible). It's just a buzz-phrase from the PvP community. While there might be some reward (PvP exclusives like PSs), there is definitely no risk involved.

7. cobb

cobb Sage

Risk vs reward does not make sense in this game currently. You can take zero risk and stay in tram based facets and get everything you need. All the good loot is coming from there.

Maybe it's time to change that.

8. Pawain

Pawain Grand Poobah

When did they put Power scrolls in Tram? I missed that change.

Uriah Heep, ShriNayne and MalagAste like this.
  9. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Certifiable

Please explain to me exactly, what risk is!

Is risk maybe getting killed, having to spend 3-5k for insurance, getting a rez and returning to the battle more or less immediately? If that's your definition of risk, you can have that in tram too...

10. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Not true. I rarely behave on the forums and have never had a single infraction or ban in any of the many games I have played online in the last 20 years. Im a model player, if not a model forum poster.

Victim of Siege likes this.
  11. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Risk in a pixel-crack world, that's hilarious. The only "risk" to this game is getting your CC/Bank acct. hacked.

12. cobb

cobb Sage

You can use the gold you made from afk farming in tram to purchase the power scrolls.

13. Pawain

Pawain Grand Poobah

You can buy the tram stuff from all your afk spawning.

SwordofExcalibur likes this.
  14. SwordofExcalibur

SwordofExcalibur Adventurer

Best summary and best comment in this thread.

ShriNayne likes this.
  15. Archnight

Archnight Legendary Crusader
    Moderator Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Supporter Kingdom Reborn [2.0]

How can you say that you rarely behave on the forums and consider yourself a model poster..? That just doesn't make any sense o_O

16. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Certifiable

I flew over the last 40 posts of you here on the forums. Have yet to find a post, where you didn't behave.
    I don't know, how you define "not behaving", but disagreeing or opposing ones opinion does not count as not behaving.

17. The Craftsman

Stratics Veteran

I said if NOT a model poster ... reading comprehension.

18. The Craftsman

Stratics Veteran

My infraction record would suggest differently ... ;)

19. Pawain

Pawain Grand Poobah

I hear a lot of people brag about that. Most prob dont have any more than I do. But, I think you have some. I would have given you a couple if I were a mod. Not recently.

20. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Grand Inquisitor
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni

Those all probably got moved/hidden/deleted...you wont see them

The Craftsman likes this.
  21. SwordofExcalibur

SwordofExcalibur Adventurer

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice, everyone speed-hacks and scripts at Yew Gate. I'm not sure risk vs reward is ever really going to get addressed while Dr. Doom is on the rampage.