1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

[Throwing] Thrower Gear

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by toeleo, Aug 5, 2019.

1. toeleo

toeleo Visitor

Hello all!

I am in the process of making a thrower skills are:

120 Throwing
    120 Anatomy
    120 Tactics
    100 Chiv
    100 Bushido
    100 SS
    60 Necro

I am looking into crafting a suit for him and am trying to figure out the best route to go. I know I need a bunch of stamina (210) with a lot of SSI to swing as fast as possible, but how do you actually reach 210 stamina?

Also I have been toying with the idea of refining for increased resist cap as my thought process was as a ranged character I shouldn't be getting hit too often and thought the damage reduction with increased caps would help with spells and the off chance that I take damage from a weapon be it melee or range.

What do you all think?

2. Spiffdaddy

Spiffdaddy Visitor

Would allso like to know same but i have weaving instead Bushido.. "in groups keeps me from getting some one has allready honored this boss" and well word of death is a close alt... and im really sad i cant find a good robe as a garg Hawkwind's Robe be dearly missed

3. Innoxicated

Innoxicated Journeyman

I know this thread has been up here for a few days without much attention, so I might as well give my insights. And if I clearly miss something hopefully others will chime in, or I'll think of something and come back with an edit.

Garg suit is obv a little different to build, as you only have chest, legs, arms, and kilt to reforge for 10 stam. If you imbue necklace and earrings, obv you'll have to settle for 8. 150 stam from dex, +40 from leather, +16 from ears/neck puts you at 206, or 198 if you settle for +8 stam on the leather pieces.

You can get a little more stam from looted jewels, but it will be a tight fit considering the weight of the 10 stam and the necessary imbued resists.

Certainly doable, but I would strongly consider dropping stam down to 180 even if that means you'll need more ssi on the glaives. You'll still be able to leech plenty back with the minimum necessary swing speed on your weapons, even if it's not max.

You also could reforge your glaives for overcap HML, with high enough weight you can get your ssi on there without impeding your leeches.

Post up if you have had any luck figuring it out so far, I'll try and get on when I can and dig around to see what I've came up with on my last thrower. And good luck!