1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

[General] Quick Guide: How to reforge this mod with which runics

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by sirion, Jul 29, 2016.

1. sirion

sirion Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

People might have slightly different preferences but these are the basics that I've been using.

100% elemental smithy weapon: Dull Copper or Shadow runic + Powerful + Quality

(difficulty: easy; you'll get high % elemental, so you should enhance to 100% first before imbuing. Use +60 hammer; success rate approx 70%.)

100% mana leech smithy weapon: Copper + Powerful + Vampire
    (difficulty: easy)

HCI+5, or DCI+5 metal armor: SHADOW runic + Powerful + Slaughter
    HCI+5, or DCI+5 tailor armor: SPINED kit + Powerful + Slaughter

(difficulty: moderate)

150 Luck leather: Horned kit + NOT powerful + Fortune

150 Luck metal armor: Copper/Bronze runic + Powerful + Fortune
    - enhance with gold ingots for +40 Luck

150 Luck wooden shield: ASH runic + Powerful + Fortune
    - Bokuto: Enhance OAK wood for +40 Luck + 5DI
    - Wooden shield: Enhance Bloodwood for +40 Luck + 2HPR

100% elemental black staff: Oak saw + Powerful + Quality

100% elemental bow: Oak runic + Powerful + Quality

Elemental & Hit Fatigue/Drain: Copper/Bronze + Powerful + Quality + Vampire
    70% Hit Area: Copper + Powerful + Slaughter

(difficulty: very hard; do not try unless you have tons of resource)

#1 sirion, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Tabby Kapak and Siward like this.
  2. Sarak

Sarak Lore Keeper
    UWF

wonder about axes on 100 percent fire and katanas 100 poison and other weaps 100 cold and energy 100

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

For all smith weapons, it's pretty much the same method - only the enhance stage is different and the difficulty increases.

Poison can't be enhanced to 100%. You got to get the 100% from the reforge, or it start with 100% from being loot (elemental-only weapons still occasionally spawn, near as I can tell, and can be reforged if elemental damage is all they have).

Energy Weapons pretty much have to be 100% from reforging or loot, because the usual result for reforging that's less than 100% is 70% / 30%, and there's currently no metal that enhances energy first that changes more than 20% to energy. It is possible to get to 90% energy/10% something else, though (energy/poison with Verite, for example).

Cold Weapons that are 70% Cold/30% Physical can be enhanced to 100% cold with Agapite.

Fire Weapons that are 70% Fire/30% Physical can be enhanced to 100% with Bronze.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend

For 150 luck on metal (armour and weapons) I always used copper with powerful. Last night I was helping a friend and didn't have much luck with this. Is this the correct setting or do I need no powerful?

Also for 5 DCI on leather, spined kit with powerful or no powerful?

5. sirion

sirion Sage

Added:
    150 Luck metal armor: Copper + Powerful + Fortune
    DCI+5

DJAd likes this.
  6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend

This is a very useful thread and should be made a sticky. @Basara

Odin of LS likes this.
  7. Sarak

Sarak Lore Keeper
    UWF

@Basara what choices do i choose when enhancing to get 100 percent fire or 100 cold?

#7 Sarak, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
  8. Sarak

Sarak Lore Keeper
    UWF

now for another question: on bow fletching; when i make an exceptional bow, which runic kit is used to reforge to 100 fire or cold and what choices to i pick to do them and what woods to use. i was reading uoguide, but it is somewhat vague. it said you can only enhance a bow on cold using frostwood.

which brings up another issue: what woods do you enhance with to bring these fletching weapons to 100 percent?

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

for Reforging, I haven't a clue - which is why I keep asking for someone to actually submit something for Reforging in a FAQ-style format.
    As for enhancing the end product, I answered that above.
    Only can enhance to 100% Fire with metal weapons. Bronze gives 40% Fire Damage, and will make anything 60% or more fire, with all the remainder in Physical, 100% Fire. In some cases you may have to take a tinker-crafted/enhanced item out of your backpack, put it into a secure, shut down UO, then restart it, to see the stats change.
    Cold metal weapons can be enhanced with Agapite (30% cold) or Shadow Iron (20% cold). Since most weapons with color end up 70% one element, Agapite is the more obvious choice. Agapite also adds energy damage (up to 20%) if your weapon starts with less than 70% cold, and more than 30% physical, so if you have a 60/40 cold/physical it will enhance to 90 cold/10 energy.
    Frostwood adds 40% cold, and adds 12% DI, to wood weaponry, if I remember correctly. Most of my wood enhances recently have been either armor or with bloodwood for the HPR, so my memory's a bit foggy on the cold amount, and I don't feel like opening up a new tab to look.

10. Sarak

Sarak Lore Keeper
    UWF

11. Lava

Lava Visitor

thanks a lot! i should have just came here last nigh! I've been making and selling 100% elemental slayers for ever. So I decided to up my knowledge and been practicing on test to make armor. needed this thread for that 150 luck! weeeeee! this pic is what started my jurny into the test shard and i want to know how to get the 100% mana leech. pretty embaressing when a custormer asks for it and i say its impossable only to have him come back with 1 :( upload_2017-5-14_13-18-12.png

Attached Files:

12. Lava

Lava Visitor

100% mana leech smithy weapon: Copper + Powerful + Vampire
    (difficulty: easy)....................... doh! missed it

13. Ducky Momo

Ducky Momo Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

-15 Mage Weapon:
    Ash Runic + Powerful + Quality
    Copper Runic + Powerful + Quality

14. Pride

Pride Visitor

How would you get 70% hit lightening on a boku ive been trying for days now cant get it down.
    Ash Runic/Powerful/Grand/Inspire/Slaughter is that correct?

15. Fire Warrior

Fire Warrior Adventurer

Probably should just post a regular question next time, not in this thread - after testing on test center the way you did it was overall correct. But it was difficult to get 70% or to max out any attribute with it. Adding Structural made it easier. I realize its more expensive this way, having to use all that powder of fort for each attempt in advance, but realistically with a bokuto.... not alot of choice unless you want to use a better runic but then have less choices of other attributes. Ash is the right one to do it. i was able to get maxed out attributes several times relatively easily with Structural - I only succeeded a few times with merely 'powerful'. I did get 70% hit magic arrow once that was the closest I got with it - so it can happen, but not as easily. I did get a 70% hit lightening and a 60% hit harm with Structural as well as another 70% hit magic arrow so it was definitely an improvement.

16. fevax

fevax Visitor

how do i reforge 4mr 4hr or jut 4 mr or 4 hr blacksmitthy ?