1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Precasting?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by afk, Jun 17, 2017.

1. afk

afk Journeyman

just noticed you can't precast summons anymore(when it would take you over max), I recall you could when i left.
    when was casting summons nerfed? and why?this was extremely useful to try to prevent aggro and keep aggro on summons, but apparently you need to be a fighter char in order to be a caster now?

2. Slayvite

Slayvite Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend

Probably some PvP newb cried to Mesanna like with most nerfs in UO.

3. Mervyn

Mervyn Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You're only able to precast mysticism summons when you already have max followers, it's been like this since i can remember.

You're not even supposed to be able to do this, it's been an unfixed bug since mysticism came out.

4. afk

afk Journeyman

I was precasting EV's long before mysticism, and all spells are able to be precast it isn't till you click on target that they take affect. this is the same with summons that bring up target cursor(ev's and Blade spirits). it would give you message too many pets if you clicked ground before you had space on your control count.

5. Larisa

Larisa Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership Team
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I always have my EV pre-cast....not sure why you can't but I can...that's very strange! What exactly are you trying to pre-cast? Just EV? Cus it should work.

6. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

RC, and possibly nature's fury, are the only ones I've ever been able to precast. EV's always given me the follower slot message.

7. Max Blackoak

Max Blackoak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

same here

8. ShriNayne

ShriNayne Sage

I've never been able to pre-cast EV's, but since I use RC's mostly now it doesn't matter so much.