1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Author Wes Locher has teamed up with Stratics for a giveaway of his new book Braving Britannia. This book explores the history and impact of Ultima Online and includes interviews from current and past dev team members as well as many UO and Stratics community members. Click here for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

Pinco's UI

Discussion in 'Pinco's UI' started by Pinco, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Same as the above for me, other than yellow bar of the NPC that turns into the boss.[/QUOTE]
    If you don't want to see blues just turn them off :D
    The boss bar doesn't work at the moment, it will in the next patch...

2. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Benefactor Treasure Hunters

I'm having trouble with MOB healthbars, they're all showing 100%, then they die. Sometimes one will show a random number like 68%, but they're almost always 100%.

3. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

there is something that cuts the status update from the server, if you find a clue, or more specifically what happened just before it stopped updating, I may be able to find a workaround to this....

4. Parnoc

Parnoc Slightly Crazed

Pet Healthbars are still not working correctly. Just took my pet out and he showed 100% health. Took him to Compassion and fought a couple of rat archers and showed 92%, healed him, still showed 92 health. Logged out back in, healthbar was normal, went and killed a few daemons and his bar showed me heal him to 92% and then stopped but bandages said he was full health.

I have no idea which errors refer to this, these 3 are the last ones I think.
    Source: WinIOError
    ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\43535163_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.
    [18/07/12][10:44:15] Error in function call 'WindowGetId': Window Hotbar15 does not exist
    [18/07/12][10:44:15] Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

5. Deadly Serious

Deadly Serious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

on every health bar mobs and followers, by switching healthbar updates from Pinco's default 5 seconds to realtime fixed my issue.

6. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Keeper

Looks like if I run offscreen so the healthbar disappears and then back, I get the right healthbar percentage.

7. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

This will eat your performance, be careful :D

This confirm that after a while the status update gets cut off from the server. In the next patch I'll add a system that reconnect the status update every 10s of inactivity, this should keep them more stable unless the connection is lost continuously... in that case it will require a constant reconnection (which will be costly for the performance). Anyway we'll see how it goes :D

8. Deadly Serious

Deadly Serious Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

@Pinco my 4 year old i5 is at 51% max, smooth performance at 60 seems fine, am getting random crashes though even tho i've got a practically fresh install and I've never once used the default EC client. I'm Curious about constant logs and warnings being generating can lead to crashes, almost every second I have a warning in my logs about 3 hotbars and their text is "cut off", I'm not sure what this means and it's telling me the number of the hotbar and button but I don't know how to indentify numbers of hotbars, if even possible!

9. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

the main log is generated by default from the client, I've just separated them per session otherwise it will be erased everytime. The errors folder is another pairs of hand, is more useful since only errors are put there and if all is fine it should stay empty :p

In any case, the main reason for crashes (that I noticed) is anchoring a window element to something that doesn't exist or something created after, or attaching a window to a mobile that is no longer on screen. In the next patch I've already included some protections for those cases, but they are not 100% effective. Mainly because when you're running screen after screen or recalling away, maybe the client is creating the name label for a mobile in the exact same instant that you are getting away from it, so by the time it creates it the mobile is no longer there and you crash... also (as Dizzy pointed out not long ago), sometimes using the last object macro with certain items makes you crash (still need to find out which items).
    Anyway, there are many bugs and stuff that don't work as it's supposed to inside the client, that's the price of a game with 2 clients and not enough people to work on it :p

Deadly Serious likes this.
  10. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Right-clicking a macro icon on the hotbar and clicking clear isn't emptying the slot, just blanking the icon. This makes you unable to place the macro in another slot.

This brings up the issue of not having an easy way (is there ANY way?) to move macros/actions to different slots...

11. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

you have to SHIFT then drag to move stuff around... I'll take care of the clear problem :p

12. Zeke

Zeke Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Knights of Terra

I'm still having problems with Health Bars not updating under the new system. This was never an issue before your new mobiles. Pet doesn't update and mobs don't either. I tried changing the Update Delay to different values including realtime.

13. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Keeper

14. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

until I release the patch you won't see any changes :D
    Anyway the old system did not had the problem because it used a brute force refresh, forcing the bar to update every second. That system is effective, but not good for performance, also the client is designed to keep the connection with the server and receive updates when the status changes, so I'd rather make things to work as they are supposed to before using rough methods that cause lag.

Also I'm trying to find a workaround for the lag problem during the EM events, even if it's core design issue of the client, maybe I can find a way...

15. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Keeper

Maybe a manual refresh button?

16. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

ehehhe that would be funny indeed :D
    I just imagine someone in the middle of a champion spawn clicking all bars like a madman to see the hp of friends and foes :lol:

17. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Crazed Zealot

More macro issues... When I try to set a hotkey, and the system claims its already in use (about 75% of the time it is NOT!) it won't let me set the hotkey to override whatever else it (erroneously) claims is using it. Clicking the OK button does nothing.

18. Parnoc

Parnoc Slightly Crazed

When do you expect to get the patch that is supposed to repair all these nonworking hotbars? Sure looking forward to it, I went to the roof today on my tamer and boy what a mess, good thing I have great guildmates that kept me and my pet alive.

I will say I am liking these new hotbars and when I figure out how to best
    use all of them and all the bugs get fixed they're gonna be awesome!!

19. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

Do you get any error in the logs?

As soon as I finish animal lore :p
    In the meantime I also hope to get an idea on how to fix the lag on EM events, but since the problem is caused in the client core it's probably impossible to fix from the UI...

20. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Crazed Zealot

Script Call failed - Error while calling [UO_StandardDialog.OnLButtonUp]:
    [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Hotbar/HotbarSystem.lua"]:2421: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

Also this one, over and over:
    Error in function call 'WindowGetId': Window Hotbar5 does not exist

21. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Crazed Zealot

Since you remade the journal window, is there any way to copy text directly out of it on the fly, as its being said by someone (else)?

22. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

ok, I found the problem, it will be fixed in the next patch :)

for the other 2 errors I'm gonna need a copy of your profile so I can see what's wrong... it looks like there is a ghost hotbar or somehting lingering around :D

Since clicking the line pin the bar of whoever is saying it, I can do that if you press CTRL, it sends the text to EC Playsound and copy it (unfortunately there is no way to handle the clipboard from the UI...)

23. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Crazed Zealot

Will send it in a PM.

So Ctrl-Left-click a line in the Journal and Playsound will copy it? That sounds like a workable method!

24. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

yes, just like that :D
    if you drag the name it creates the healthbar of the one who's speaking (if he's around you), CTRL + CLICK will copy the message :)

25. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Crazed Zealot

I assume this will require a future patch before it works?

26. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

yep, it will be on the next patch :D
    Assuming I manage to finish this creatures DB nightmare... everytime I reach the bottom, there is something else to add :/

27. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Keeper

Was there a solution to this?

28. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

that's a problem of the stupid gump for the balance, that gump sometimes don't come up and you have to re-open the bankbox... it happens in any client and any UI :/

29. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Crazed Zealot

You could also just say "balance" near a banker NPC...

30. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

yeah but the buttons to do all the stuff (especially for EJ accounts) don't appear by doing that... and for EJ accounts means that you can't even deposit items inside the bankbox :D

31. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Keeper

I found the "pinned" dockspot, upper right corner, under where I drag my chat screen. So I dragged it to a better spot on the left.

When I log out and back in, "pinned" is back in the upper right under the chat screen.

32. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

do you get any error when it happens?

33. Dizzy

Dizzy Lore Keeper

Nothing on screen. I can look at log files tomorrow and see.