1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Author Wes Locher has teamed up with Stratics for a giveaway of his new book Braving Britannia. This book explores the history and impact of Ultima Online and includes interviews from current and past dev team members as well as many UO and Stratics community members. Click here for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

Old Template, could use some help

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by DreadLord Lestat, Mar 13, 2018.

1. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison / Forum Moderator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I have a partially finished tamer that I made and I am not sure if I should continue or switch to something else. All skills listed are real though I have things to modify them.

Taming - 93.2
    Lore - 108.6
    Vet - 100
    Chiv - 74.1
    Archery - 91.4
    Tactics - 89.8

The Archery and stuff can be stoned off and I have gm magery on a stone. I am just not sure what to do with this guy. I already have a bard tamer and a t-hunter tamer. Any suggestions? I don't see a template thread anymore but I am sure that would be mostly out of date now anyways with all of the changes.

SwordofExcalibur likes this.
  2. Pawain

Pawain Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Variations of this are popular on LS. You need a suit with enough mana regen to keep consume going. Can increase/decrease meditation eval as needed.

upload_2018-3-14_0-23-25.png

3. Mordha

Mordha Journeyman

That looks pretty good to me Pawain. I just might try it on a tamer (been toying with making another tamer). Which skills are real? And which are boosted with items, and by how much?

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I see 51 points in that template that would be from equipment. But, that could be as simple as
    Kakakotl's ring (+20 in a casting skill, +10 med (+10 Resist not displayed))
    +10 Med from Spell Woven Britches.
    +11 in casting skills from a spellbook (or if you went 115 real in Taming and Lore, you could get the 5 points to get to 120 in both from the library talisman)

There's hundreds of possible combinations, and most tamers I know still manage 80-100 points from equipment while still getting 1200+ luck (and always improving from new equipment)

DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  5. Lieutenant Dan!

Lieutenant Dan! Seasoned Veteran

My tamer template varies greatly on what I'm doing.
    The latest I'm still tweaking and needs lots of skill increase from jewels is strictly for taming critters.

120 taming (real)
    120 lore (real)
    120 music (real)
    120 disco (real)
    90 mysticism (120 with jewels)
    80 focus (120 with jewels and talisman)
    70 magery (110 with jewels and spellbook)

The ability to disco and kill a paragon Cu with an RC to get a new one to spawn is nice.

6. Khaelor

Khaelor Lore Master
    Governor

I know of tamers who use similar templates to this. Lots of templates are effective now, it's all about playstyle and what you enjoy

7. Pawain

Pawain Stratics Legend

Only the weaving is real 120. Mage Med Taming Lore and Vet are +13.

Mordha likes this.
  8. SwordofExcalibur

SwordofExcalibur Adventurer

This was basically my first tamer. It's a fun-as-hell template.

Had a tanky Cu spec'ed for single target killing while I wailed on things with AoE Lightning Arrow. Played a human, wore pads when needing to ride, and used Wraith Form for mana steal and a 55%LMC suit.

But now, I'm kinda interested in playing a Disco-Archer. lol

9. Mordha

Mordha Journeyman

Thank you Pawain!
    I think that might be my next tamer. My other tamers tend to be less flexible and that template looks to have plenty of room to “play” a little. I just need to pull the trigger and go for it, lol

10. Pawain

Pawain Stratics Legend

Its even easier if you start at 90 with the token and have an Imbuer. Make sure you do the spellweaving quest before you use the token. I hate skilling. I started the vet at 30ish. Used the combat training trick to get Taming to 120. Cast on the slugs over and over to get weaving to 120. Its an easy template to use.

11. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison / Forum Moderator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Wiki Moderator Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Well I decided to take a Necro Mage that I have not used in years and I stoned off the necro and ss and am turning him into a weaver tamer. I forgot how SLOW it is!

12. Khaelor

Khaelor Lore Master
    Governor

Weaver tamer is a good template. My main tamer uses that template.

13. celticus

celticus Lore Master

Has any1 squeezed Spellweaving into bard-tamer somehow?
    magery 100, taming, lore, vet, music, disco, and spellweaving 80 ish to bring up to 120 with jewels?
    Are there items to bring spellweaving up rings, equipment etc? Disco is sooo nice to have and peace songs are also useful when needed.
    Thanks..