1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Need help for character transfer glitch, anyone have this happen lately?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Spellbound, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Character with issue is on Europa. Bought $20 worth of Sovereigns from Origin store this morning and placed code into Mythic account management page. In game store, purchased a character transfer token with the intent to transfer with 7.5 Million GP to Atlantic. Chose ATL, checked 4 crates, looking good, pushed transfer me and got the message to wait for up to an hour.

Waited at least an hour, log into Altantic....and PANCAKE ME! My character is not there, and there is still an empty character slot on log in gump. A panicky sensation fills my head at thought of a well heeled developed samphire archer character lost in pixel void. Quickly about faced and logged back into Europa, goof is still there and gold in all back as well in regular bank, 0 balance in transfer account. However, no transfer token in backpack. So it wasn't a revert!

Paged a GM, but no response. Not happy about losing $20 token and blotched transfer. Still waiting, any other way to rectify this?

2. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My suggestion is to check the in game store to see if the purchase went through... then if this is the case Email Mesanna. Put in the subject line that this letter is about a transfer malfunction.

Captn Norrington and Spellbound like this.
  3. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Stratics Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter The Valorian Knights

4. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Good call, the initial balance is back in the account, 2700 sovereigns includes what I bought today. Now the question is do I dare try to purchase another character transfer token, and try to go to ATL again?

Captn Norrington likes this.
  5. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Glad you found it. I'd buy the transfer and wait a few hours then go. But that's me....

Spellbound likes this.
  6. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Bought another in game transfer token, I hope no more Ground Hog Day ala Bill Murray. Will give a few hours and let you know if it works.

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  7. Minerva Foxglove

Stratics Veteran

Seems Europa was down for a bit today, maybe you hit that timepoint for the transfer?

ShriNayne and Spellbound like this.
  8. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the info, Minerva! If this next attempt works, then this morning will just be one of the unlucky wrong place at the wrong time occurrences.

9. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks folks for all the kind words and ideas. The character transfer completed on second attempt!

10. Jovi

Jovi Journeyman

Happened to me once, and remember that I logged in another character on another shard and dropped a note to the GM for help...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances: