1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice

Few Questions,returning player.

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Grenier, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Grenier

Grenier Adventurer

1. I was wondering if this can be played on the classic client or do you need to run it on the enhanced?

2. Where do I get it from? Did not see it on the UO site., maybe I missed it?

3. Is there another expansion before this that I need first? Other than what was given to us at the start.

Thanks in advance. Look forward to getting back into this once again.

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

1. Either client
    2. Origin.com
    3. Make sure if you already have a UO account you get the "upgrade" not the new player package thing.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

All accounts were automatically upgraded to Mondain's Legacy. Since then there have been: Stygian Abyss expansion, high seas booster pack, Time of Legends expansion and some less necessary theme packs. Care needs to be taken when buying Stygian abyss because there are two versions, the upgrade version and the new player version with 30 days gametime included. Origin doesn't make it clear that the version with game time is for new players only and cannot be used to upgrade an existing account.

In some countries Origin hasn't made these expansions available for purchase.

4. Grenier

Grenier Adventurer

Ok thanks for the heads up

5. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Stratics Legend

Getting Started
    As you get started on your journey, you will be faced with a few decisions. This section will cover the first of those decisions.

1. Choose Your Client
    Your choice of client will affect how you view, and play the game. You are free to switch so long as you have both installed on your system.
    Getting Started – Ultima Online

Welcome back

6. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Stratics Legend

#2 Ultima Online

Origin.com is for up-grades (store) uo.com for client.

7. Meltedmantis

Meltedmantis Adventurer

Enhanced has come along way. I'd recommend giving it a shot now while your relearning anyway.