1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Author Wes Locher has teamed up with Stratics for a giveaway of his new book Braving Britannia. This book explores the history and impact of Ultima Online and includes interviews from current and past dev team members as well as many UO and Stratics community members. Click here for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced client Q

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cadderly, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Cadderly

Cadderly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Is there a way to move character spells and such to a new computer without resetting each button on each character on each shard?

I've still got my 2006 computer alive with everything UO saved. Can it be transferred?

2. MissEcho

MissEcho Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Far as I know, if you save your user data and transfer onto a usb stick to your new computer all your desktops, macros and settings etc will stay the same. I believe if a macro is set to say F1 F2 etc it will transfer over, I know when I transfered stuff to a laptop and moved over my existing keyboard the hotkeys stayed the same (I use a Logitech G510) , but if you are using a different keyboard with different hotkeys you will probably need to reset them. Your user data is in MyDocuments/EAGames/Ultima Online Stygian Abyss/User data. Just log into each character on your new computer and log out again to generate their user data file, then copy the new user data file onto it and accept the prompt that says 'user file already exists' "replace". Yes.

MalagAste and Zayin666 like this.
  3. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, just copy your old user data folder and paste it over the default one after you installed on your new machine and you should be fine.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As mentioned above. The only problem I can think of is you might have an older setup if it's from 2006. I can't remember when the EC had its big revamp so some things might be different.

5. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

i have transferred mine across several computers, shouldn't be an issue