1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Barracoon

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mervyn, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Mervyn

Mervyn Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Why does the baracoon just stand there and not attack anyone? All the other champ bosses chase random players around, can we make the baracoon do the same?

Also, there is a bug where if you open the polymorph gump, you're prevented from turning into a rat, even without needing any magery at all. You're prevented from turning into a rat if you're in another form or have body paint on you which is fair enough, but opening a gump ui shouldn't prevent it.

that is all.

2. Fridgster

Fridgster Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I did baracoon a few times last night and noticed that he didn't move at all. Thought that was kinda strange. Does vamp form prevent rat form? He hasn't turned me into a rat yet. Honestly I was also a little upset that I didn't get raided. Very disappointing. Also I got 6 level 1 primers all bushido... is that normal?

3. Mervyn

Mervyn Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

yes, any form will prevent rat form, as for the all bushido prmers, no that is unusual.

4. Slayvite

Slayvite Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend

If they did there due diligence on the Pet revamp testing, they would find that the new gump staying open preventing you from macroing skills does a lot more than just that.
    A lot of "other" things also cannot happen to you.......back in the old days I would have sent in the bug report to tell them of the unexpected "bonuses" this change has caused but....
    ....well until the Phoenix is sorted they can do their own bug finding.... :rolleyes2:

5. Sauteed Onion

Sauteed Onion Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

She... She's still eating the rolls.. nothing is stopping her too.

Fridgster likes this.
  6. Abyss-

Abyss- Adventurer

I don't see anything positive wanting to change it's movement... It's not that it will make Baracoon a challenge if it now "moves"..If you are looking for a pvm-challenge you should probably find yourself some other boss to fight. Plus it would ruin this boss for mages if they are soloing it and don't have any tank forcing people to use only dex temps for soloing it...

Morgana Grim likes this.
  7. Sauteed Onion

Sauteed Onion Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Can use a tamer.. Those are OP right now.

Yeah, I think I'll just eat some breakfast. Morning.

8. Mervyn

Mervyn Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I understand not being able to perform another action while the gump is open is annoying, however what are the bonuses this brings?

9. Slayvite

Slayvite Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend

Cannot say, some may call them "exploits".........but if they returned the Phoenix to it's former glory, then i'd be happy to explain to the devs.

Tyrath likes this.
  10. WhiteWitch

WhiteWitch Seasoned Veteran

Neira just stands there too, doesnt chase anyone, but I agree its odd Barra just stands there taking hits, Neira casts powerful spells and the unholy bones spawn stuff a lot faster than Barra spawns ratmen, maybe increase Barras ratman spawning and give him a bow and some eval when he is in human form.

Mervyn likes this.
  11. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Great.. not I am going to have to run with my Polymorph screen open for a few weeks to see what it helps with..

*mumbles-please let it make me never die-mumbles*

:p

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  12. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

What I'm wondering is why are some wanting to make barracoon harder, to keep the spawners in place longer until the pkers arrive?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Laura_Gold likes this.
  13. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Because they have nothing better to do but that.... and besides if it take you longer they have more time to come PK you.

14. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Barracoon absolutely moves, but not if you yourself keep your distance from him. Get a dexxer and go stand next to him and see how long he just stands there.

Tyrath and Kylie Kinslayer like this.
  15. Turbo

Turbo Adventurer

Barra seems to be an entry level spawn so it makes sense that he doesnt move so new or weaker players can learn to spawn and boss fight with the ability to back off and heal if needed. If its too easy for you go do a harder spawn.

16. WhiteWitch

Id say the fact that spawn is so easy helps PKs know exactly where to go to find victims, makes it the place most people go.

Im not a PK and I do spawns solo so Ive no interest in them lasting longer, right now all the Fel negative karma champs except Neira(who has no slayer vulnerability) go down in about the same time, about 1 minute into my second casting of "enemy of one", infact the fastest spawn for me to solo is the arachnid one and thats the only one where the champ is challenging and can sometimes kill me.

I take the point that Barra is not the same walk over for melee that is it for ranged though.

17. drcossack

drcossack Crazed Zealot

Actually, he is. Sampire, stand right next to him, Armor Ignore him to death. When Ratmen spawn, Momentum Strike. Repeat until dead.

Fridgster likes this.
  18. WhiteWitch

Arent most things like that for a Sampire, including the other champs?

I dont know as I dont have one, but Ive seen lots of complaints that almost everything is easy for a Sampire.

19. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Mervny does not do Champ spawns, all he does is try to take other peoples champ from them. So this rant is all because he cant take a rat champ quick enough before the people who put all the work in get it done and get out with the loot before he can do anything.

Only thing Merv wants is more time to take the champ from people nothing else

20. Mervyn

Mervyn Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I didn't say i wanted to make the barracoon take longer to kill, i just think it would make things more interesting if it chased people around like the other champs (Neira too). Just because i happen to be a in a guild that controls the champs, doesn't have anything to do with it, all it shows is that i have experience of all the champ bosses.
    And even when you melee it, it doesn't exactly go crazy ape like Mephitis. It will occassionally move one tile, then if you're damaged, you just step back 1 tile and it won't follow you...

Also, i think you'll find our guild do dragon turtle spawn in fel all the time, from level one, since nobody else ever spawns it. only champ that you get Guaranteed legendaries. Which by the way is still bugged, still no gate to star appears...

#20 Mervyn, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  21. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I would have to say yeah.. I mean I am still a novice Sampire player and even my nooblet butt can take down things that should really not be solo'ed imo.. and take them down with ease. So I can only imagine how easy it is once a person becomes a pro at the temp.

22. GarthGrey

The simple fact that you made that statement right there, is why on production shards at least, champs should spawn in Trammel too.

Tyrath, Swordsman, MalagAste and 2 others like this.
  23. Philly

Philly Seasoned Veteran

My Kitty named "Pushy" and for good reason insist on helping me eat this powdered donut from Dunkin Donuts, We just got one out here in the Boonies. I have never had one and its very tasty! Pushy loves it too!

Fridgster and Sauteed Onion like this.
  24. GarthGrey

You went to Dunkin Donuts and bought the powdered ones ? You can get those anywhere......the shame !!

25. Philly

Philly Seasoned Veteran

It was the softest Fluffiest donut I ever had and filled with chocolate cream! Yum!

26. Fridgster

Fridgster Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Chocolate creme filled ftw! Stay away from the coffee. It seems very addictive lol.

Philly likes this.
  27. Fridgster

Fridgster Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well this is kind of embarrassing to admit considering how long I have played however the other night was the first champ spawn I had ever done solo or otherwise. I found it odd that Baracoon didn't move, however bosses such as medusa and dreadhorn seems to do the same. The big difference in my opinion is the lack of hit points in comparison to other bosses. Don't get me wrong, I don't want addition hit points added! I think that the spawn was a bit tedious at the beginning (not to mention having to bring a throw away weapon because of the slimes), but as the spawn advanced it became more interesting and went along at a decent pace.
    Baracoon himself was a little too easy at least for my sampire. I think that @WhiteWitch had a great idea as far as the increase to his eval might not be a terrible idea.
    The rewards were pretty good. No 120 scrolls but a few useful 110's and 115's. Strangely I received 6 level 1 bushido primes so that was kind of odd. Baracoons loot itself was kind of sad. Actually really sad. Overall though I enjoyed it quite a bit

28. Eht/Longbow

Eht/Longbow Journeyman

It's been a while since I did a rat spawn, but from my experience I'd say they should first fix the fact that when you get turned into a rat, you don't turn gray from it, which allows any blue player to attack you without getting a murder count or turning gray themselves.

Also, shouldn't the risk of doing a champ spawn while also being able to be attacked by players be difficult enough?

29. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I wish they would change the spawn back, there are times now I have to just plink around with em killing one or two at a time. Shoulda never changed it it was fine the way it was.

Which brings up the next statement, I hope they don't change anything with the barracoon...everytime they touch something it's, well, you know where I'm headed.

30. Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Governor

Barracoon, does move, into a corner and then just stands there to be slaughtered

31. Tyrath

Tyrath Crazed Zealot

Were you going to say BREAK IT WORSE THAN IT IS :)

Laura_Gold and Uriah Heep like this.