1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Author Wes Locher has teamed up with Stratics for a giveaway of his new book Braving Britannia. This book explores the history and impact of Ultima Online and includes interviews from current and past dev team members as well as many UO and Stratics community members. Click here for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

Aura of Nausea

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Merus, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Merus

Merus Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Anyone played much with this? Is it worth it? How much is the penalty and how much of a mana hog is it?

Thinking of adding it to a frost mite to pair with my rune beetle on another character so I would have rune corruption and the nausea, or would it just be better to have double rune corruption and AI?

2. Donavon

Donavon Sage
    Governor

Good afternoon , It was one of the best things ya could give a pet for a time.. but they nerfed it a few weeks back.. By increase its cost from 20 to 100 mana per use... making it so it flat lined even the strongest of super mana reg pets mana pool... =* [

3. Merus

Merus Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Thx for the info. Very disappointing to hear. The Devs really need to add some sort of mana management ability to pets!

MalagAste and Donavon like this.
  4. Prince Erik

Prince Erik Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Or at least let us know in the planning menu how much mana each ability uses. 100 mana???? Holy crap, no thanks.

5. Keith of Sonoma

Keith of Sonoma Crazed Zealot

GOOD idea!

6. Rhafiki

Rhafiki Adventurer

except that people would have a legitimate reason to complain since it will say X mana, but they will change it to Z mana and either not tell players of it's change or sometimes not even change it in the menu and people will put an ability on a pet and be confused as to why it is running out of mana in 5 seconds.

7. Tabby Kapak

Tabby Kapak Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor

Does anyone know how long the debuffs are up for? And if it even works vs monsters or only for PvP? Still wondering if it could be of use in a group of pets...

8. chester rockwell

chester rockwell Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Does it go off of poisoning skill?

9. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Journeyman

No. It doesn't poison or scale off poison skill.

I have it on my Cu. Costs 100 mana. Pet usually does it 1-2 times around the start of the battle, and once in awhile in the middle. There isn't really a way to know how much it debuffs or for how long it lasts-we're at the mercy of the devs to tell us because loring the mob doesn't tell you anything. It seems pretty effective to me though, once it goes off mobs die fast. I imagine that the debuff and length of time it lasts is pretty good or the cost wouldn't be so high. Covers a large area, similar to explosive goo in size.

#9 SouthPaw, Aug 10, 2018 at 2:57 PM
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018 at 10:12 AM